Why, oh why has Time suddenly changed its behaviour and begun to drag by? I swear that second hand isn’t moving.
I remember thinking that the time it took to get from one Christmas to the next was immeasurably long when I was young, but as an adult, that changed. Nowadays, it often feels as if Time is in some kind of race and it can’t wait to get me to the finish line. But not this year…this year, I swear it has slowed down.
Am I becoming a child again?
Okay, so I’ve had to extend our departure date by three weeks, but even so, these last three months have felt like six, and in my mind, that means we should be moving back to Australia next month.
But, no! I still have over four months to wait!
It doesn’t make sense.
Maybe this is a good time to reflect on how I am faring in the goals I set for myself in a January post this year. Here’s the list:
1. Move to Australia to live – Duh! Rub it in. FAIL
2. Find a new home in Australia. – Once again, that’s not going to happen until we get there.
3. Publish Absent Children – Ah, success!
4. Successfully market Absent Children – Not yet.
5. Complete first draft of Crystal – Not quite
6. Meditate regularly (stealing this one, but it has been an intention for two years now, time to make it a reality,) – Yes! And it is good.
7. Maintain good relationships with family and friends – Yes, but that’s pretty much a given. I shouldn’t be so blase about it as it is the most important goal on this list.
8. Read for pleasure as well as work – I’d have to confess I’m struggling with the pleasure side of things, apart from the fact that much of the reviewing/critiquing I’ve been doing of late has been really good reading.
9. Create two new blogs – one on birthing practices and one on writing – the writing one is meandering along and not doing well. Birth one is another big FAIL.
10. Enjoy myself – Largely, I am enjoying myself, but I’d be enjoying myself a hell of a lot more if the time would begin moving at it’s normal rate again!!!!
I did that to cheer myself up, but there is more red writing than green, so it hasn’t worked.
Does anyone out there have any ideas about how to make Time move forward at a normal rate? I’d be delighted to hear of any suggestions you have for me. (Nice ones, please. :-))